Beginning December 1, the parking lot gates and machines will go-live and PCH parking will transition from a Pay-and-Display system, to a gated, Pay-on-Exit system.
Upon entering the parking lot users will obtain a time-stamped ticket at the gate. When leaving, users will use a Pay-on-Exit machine to obtain a paid ticket prior to exiting the site (see below for full instructions). There will be Pay Stations located within the entrance doors to PCH, covered machines in the parking lots, as well as Pay-on-Exit stations. 10-exit and monthly passes are also available for purchase.
Patient, client and visitor parking rates
|Daily pay-on-exit||$2 per hour to a maximum of $6 per day (24 hour period)||Pay-on-exit|
|10-exit pass||$50||Available for purchase at the PCH Cashier’s Office.|
|Monthly reduced-rate pass||$41.00 per month||Available for purchase at the PCH Cashier’s Office.|
Parking entry / exit instructions
- Press flashing button for a ticket at gate
- Take ticket to enter
- Keep ticket with you
- Pay for ticket before returning to your vehicle at pay station in hospital lobby, in the lot or use your credit card at gate
- Insert credit card and remove
- No ticket is issued, enter lot
- Insert the same credit card at exit to pay fee
To exit using Pay Stations:
- Insert ticket
- Follow instructions on screen to pay by cash, credit or debit
- Take paid ticket and insert at exit
To exit at Exit Stations:
- Insert ticket
- If ticket is paid, gate will open
- If ticket is unpaid, fee will display
- Follow instructions on screen to pay by credit or debit. Cash is not accepted at exit.
- Insert same credit card used to enter
- Follow instructions on screen
- Once fee is paid receipt will be issued
- Remove receipt, gate will open
Accessible and reduced mobility parking
Accessible parking for patients, clients, visitors and staff will continue to be located in the lot closest to the Main Entrance. All vehicles parking in accessible spots must display a valid Accessible Parking Permit issued by the Ministry of Transportation or they will be ticketed by Protection Services under City of Kingston Bylaws.
Pick-up and drop-off area
There is a covered, 15 minute pick-up and drop-off area directly outside the main entrance of Providence Care Hospital. This area can be used by visitors, patients/clients, and staff at any time. The pick-up and drop-off area can be very busy, especially at peak times Monday to Friday. Please do not exceed the 15 minute time limit. The area is monitored closely by Protection Services.
Speed on PCH site is 25 km/hr
The speed limit on the grounds of PCH is 25 km/hr. For the safety of patients, clients, staff and visitors, please abide by the posted speed limit, and give way to pedestrians and cyclists.
Pedestrian use of sidewalks
Please use the sidewalks and walkways available and do not walk on the roadway. Please cross only at designated cross walks and be mindful of traffic entering and exiting the hospital grounds.