Providence Care Community & Personal Support Programs encompass two community based programs
- The Attendant Care Outreach Program(ACOP) and Supportive Living Program are community based programs
- The Adult Day, Day Away and Weekend Respite Programs, are hosted in the Hildegarde Centre, located at Providence Manor
- The programs serve the Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Counties
- Programs are supported by the South East Local Health Integration Network (SE LHIN)
- ACOP offices and the Hildegarde Centre are located at Providence Manor (275 Sydenham Street, Kingston, ON).
Office Coordinator, Personal Support and Adult Day Programs
613-548-7222, Ext. 3183
Attendant Care Outreach and Supportive Living
Care provided is consistent with Providence Care’s mission statement. Each person is treated with respect, dignity and compassion. Clients are required to direct their own care and have the right to initiate and terminate services.
Individuals are responsible for ensuring attendants understand and carry out services which are unique to their particular care requirements.
Attendant services are provided on a prescheduled basis and it is recommended that participants have an emergency backup plan for continuation of services.
Who is eligible?
A physically challenged individual who is 16 years of age or older who:
- Understands the nature of their disability
- Is aware of the type of attendant services required
- Requires lifelong assistance
- Is able to direct their own care and can communicate effectively with staff
- Is able to have medical/professional needs addressed by existing community healthcare providers
- May be left unattended during periods when services are not scheduled
- Has a valid Ontario Health Card
What services are provided?
Clients receive assistance from Attendant Care Outreach for the following:
- Personal Care
- Activities of daily living
- Activities outside the home, i.e doctor’s appointments, banking, grocery shopping, attending educational institutions
Activities outside of the client home may require the attendant to accompany the client
Attendant Care Outreach also operates the Endymion Supportive Living Unit , which offers 24 hour, on-call assistance to clients living in their home environment.
The service is based on individual client needs. Care is provided 7 days a week.
Referrals are accepted from the client, hospitals, physicians, social or community health agencies, friends or family.
There is no cost to ACOP clients for Attendant Care Services provided by the program. Clients at the Endymion Supportive Living Unit are responsible for their rent and personal living expenses.
Adult Day and Overnight Stay Care is for adult members of the community living with dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease and physical disabilities.
- To assist in maintaining or improving their mental and emotional well-being
- To achieve a maximum level of functioning
- To enable individuals to remain within their home environment
- To provide a period of caregiver relief
- To provide an opportunity to gain information and skills to support their caregiving role
- A variety of activities are provided to maintain or enhance participants well-being and abilities
- Physical: exercise, walking, games, outdoor gardening
- Social: musical programs, dancing, social events
- Mental Stimulation: quizzes, puzzles, crafts, cards, reminiscing
- Activities of daily living: grooming, household tasks, indoor gardening
- Nourishing meals
- Refreshments are served mid-morning and mid-afternoon
- Personal care services
- Pastoral care and church services are available
- Referral to other relevant community services as required
Monday to Friday program hours – 8:30 AM– 4:00 PM
Overnight Stay Care program hours – 4:30 PM Friday until 2:30 PM Sunday
All referrals are received from the SE LHIN Home and Community Care.
There is a daily fee to attend the Monday to Friday program. Please speak with the Office Coordinator for program fees.
- Overnight Stay Care Services can be purchased for: Saturday or Sunday day only
- 1 or 2 overnight weekend visits