Providence Care’s mission is to enhance quality of life by meeting the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each person.
- Deliver top quality efficient and effective care,
- Work in community, to provide seamless and accessible care and
- Be ‘New Hospital Ready.’
These operational priorities, which built on our previous strategic plan through to 2018, resulted in a range of achievements and a number of new initiatives across Providence Care, many of which have now become part of the way we do business.
We are excited to officially launch our new strategic plan which will take us into 2023. The aim over the next five years is to continue to enhance lives and transform care as a Catholic academic health care organization.
Our strategic priorities
Access – more connections
Providence Care collaborates across the continuum of care to improve access, and will demonstrate that:
- Our services are well-known and accessed.
- Our transitions in care are well coordinated.
Healthy workplace – more inspiration
Providence Care supports the health and well-being of all those who work, learn or volunteer with us, and will demonstrate that:
- Our workplaces are safe and healthy.
- Our communication is dynamic and effective.
- Our leaders are visible and accessible.
- Our people are accountable and are supported in their roles.
Stewardship – more sustainability
Providence Care is committed to the careful and responsible management of the resources entrusted to us, and will
- Our resources are maximized.
- Our services are strategically integrated.
- Our capital investments generate improvement.
- Our organization encourages generosity.
Quality – more participation
Providence Care enhances the quality of life for the people we serve, and will demonstrate that:
- Our teams engage the people we serve to achieve the best possible outcomes and experiences.
- Our teams implement/achieve standards of excellence.
Innovation – more imagination
Providence Care improves services through innovation, and will demonstrate that:
Our organization lives its academic mission by:
- Embracing education;
- Advancing research;
- Seeking, generating and applying best practice;
- Fostering creativity;
- Sharing all that we learn.