We’re Moving! St. Mary’s of the Lake patients and staff will be moving
into the new Providence Care Hospital on April 23, 2017.
St. Mary’s of the Lake Hospital is located on Union Street in the heart of Kingston, and down the road from Queen’s University. Bought by the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul in 1904, parts of the building were once used as an orphanage and later as a military hospital. After WWII, the Sisters converted St. Mary’s to a hospital for the chronically ill.
Today, with 144 inpatient beds, St. Mary’s is home to the following inpatient and outpatient services:
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Complex Medical Care
- Restorative Rehabilitative Care
- Respite Care
- Palliative Care & End-of-Life Care
- Seniors Rehabilitative Care