PLEASE NOTE THE THERAPY POOL HAS BEEN DELAYED IN OPENING AT PROVIDENCE CARE HOSPITAL. The pool will now open on May 1, 2017.
The Therapy Pool is a heated, salt-water pool located on Level 0 of PCH. It is primarily for use by Providence Care patients and clients. Community groups may also book the pool during identified times, although new bookings will not be received until the fall of 2017.
Individual community members may access the Therapy pool during the public use sessions which occur weekly. Participants must reserve a space and purchase tickets ($3/each) in advance. Tickets can be purchased Monday – Friday from the Cashier’s Office located at the main entrance to PCH.
Due to a high demand for pool time, it is necessary to reserve a spot in advance. The pool attendant can be reached at 613-544-4900 ext 50321.
To book into the groups below, please contact:
- Senior Water Fitness Group: 613-544-3088
- Aching Joints: 613-531-9698
Please Note: We hope that this schedule of the Therapy Pool serves to provide improved access to more people. Please be reminded, however, that from time to time, the schedule may need to be altered to ensure adequate access for the hospitals inpatient and outpatients.
- No person infected with a communicable disease or having open sores shall be allowed in the pool
- Participants with medications they carry at all times are asked to bring the medication to the pool deck and inform the lifeguard of the condition
- All participants must be continent; Incontinence products for everyday wear are not permitted in the pool
- A parent or guardian who is not less than 16 years of age must accompany all bathers less than 12 years of age. They must remain within arms reach in the pool
- It is the participants responsibility to ensure that the pool has an up to date contact email or phone number in the event of a last minute pool closure
- If unable to attend a reserved pool time, it is necessary to notify the pool attendant to cancel in advance. This notice will potentially allow someone else to benefit from that available pool time
- Providence Care is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please bring a lock to use with lockers provided, or keep valuables in sight on the pool deck
- Participants may reserve up to a maximum of two sessions per week, three weeks in advance. Additional sessions may be booked by calling on that same day and filling up any spots that remain